What Our Parents Say…

At Halley House School we really value the opinions of our parents and are always looking for ways to improve our school to make it the best it possibly can be for our pupils.

Parent Survey Results – May 2017

We had an excellent response to our annual BPET Parent Survey this year (May 2017) and are delighted to see the positive feedback and suggestions for further improvements. The attached letter provides more detail from the responses received and our next steps as a school.

The table below indicates the areas where we received the highest percentage of respondents who chose either ‘Strongly Agree’ or ‘Agree’.

Question                                                                           % who graded Excellent or Very Good

My child enjoys coming to school                                                                          100 %

The school develops my child’s independence and responsibility                           96 %

The school’s values and attitudes have a positive impact on my child                    98 %

The school is welcoming and secure                                                                      98 %

Children have opportunities to develop socially and emotionally                            98 %


Halley House is a fantastic school and we have watched in delight over the last two years as our child continues to learn, enjoy and succeed under the expert care and guidance of the school staff. It is a school that really does offer something different – and special – and we are hugely fortunate to be a part of that.

Yesterday evening our son turned to us and said ‘can I stay at Halley House school forever?’ What more could we ask?!

Choosing Halley House has been the best decision that we have made for our son. He is happy to come to school everyday and he has made incredible progress. We are so happy with the school and highly recommend it to anyone looking at schools in the Borough.

Halley House is a place where my child is known incredibly well as an individual, is cared for and is challenged to work hard every day. He is very happy at the school, and absolutely adores the staff.

Halley House is a great school! It is fun, friendly, inclusive and sets high standards for behaviour and learning. My child loves it and is proud of their achievements so far. Developing skills and relationships in the outdoor setting of Forest Schools is a real highlight of the week for them and they love the clubs after school too.

“Halley House School is simply a wonderful school! The dedication of staff is like nothing we have ever experienced before. We know that our child is happy, safe and so well cared for. The emphasis on outdoor learning is brilliant and children have so many different opportunities to explore and be independent. We feel totally involved in our child’s education and can’t recommend this fantastic place enough!”.

Halley House was a positive surprise! Every morning we are welcomed with a smile. The kids are happy to go to school, they had many interesting activities and experiences during the year, in and outside the school. Also parents were involved a lot, and we were invited to important and interesting meetings.

I cannot praise Halley House enough. My daughter loves school and is enthusiastic about her kind teachers and the many activities on offer. After 8 months she is confident reading and writing, and even makes her own books at home! I’d like to thank the teachers for the love of learning they give the children, and for making their time at school so happy.

New Parents Survey Autumn 2 – 2016

We recently asked parents with children who started reception this year to complete a ‘new parent survey’, please see the testimonials below from parents. Of course we are very keen to hear about areas to improve and we’ve found these to be: up-to-date information on the website and improving the communication networks between staff/parents. We will look to improve these in the New Year and we now have Jenny from Bellevue Place Education Trust working with us on our Marketing to ensure content is up-to-date and clear.

Thank you very much for all your comments.


When asked to rate their experience so far of HHS, 78.95 % of parents rated their experience as ‘excellent’, with the remaining 21.05% rating their experience as ‘good’.

“I’m extremely pleased with how my daughter is progressing. She loves school and her teachers and has made lots of friends. Thank you Halley House for making her time there so enjoyable!”

“Loved the flag and colouring pens from the home visit – nice touch! We think it is fantastic that Ms Syms and staff are on the door every morning.”

“Fantastic school and my daughter is very happy at school”

“We are very pleased with the school, and impressed by the enthusiasm and dedication of the teachers – thank you”.